Homeopathic cell salts are commonly used for a variety of digestive complaints. From heartburn, indigestion, bloating, loose or dry stools, hemorrhoids, to frequent or slow bowels; there is probably a cell salt that is a safe complement to your natural health routine.
Important points for using cell salts with digestive complaints
- Take one cell salt at a time when starting. It is easier to assess its action and be clear on what is helpful.
- Improvement should be noted fairly soon for digestive complaints. Usually within 6 doses some positive change should be noted. If no change has been observed by then, it is probably not the correct remedy for your situation.
- Increase water consumption especially in warmer weather. 2.5-3 L per day is ideal.
- Consult with a health practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen. Cell salts are not a substitute for medical care, they are intended to be a safe complement to your natural health routine.
Cell salt protocols for digestion
- Take cell salt at first sign of complaint. Depending on intensity repeat every 1-8 hours. Reduce frequency on improvement and stop taking when resolved.
- MAINTENANCE DOSE : 1 - 2 times per day for 5 days, 2 days off (e.g take Mon-Fri, take Sat-Sun off).
Every person and constitution is different and you should always consult with your health care practitioner about your health complaints and when starting a new regime. This is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice.